Performer. Producer. Director. Instructor.
This petite woman is a fiery, sensual vixen,
well schooled in the art of the tease…
Mynx d’Meanor focuses on the classic burlesque,
with slow, elegant, and sophisticated moves.
– Diablo Magazine
San Francisco Bay Area’s bite-sized burlesque sensation! Mynx d’Meanor is the creator, director/producer, and head instructor of Fishnet Follies Classic Burlesque Revue (SF Bay / LA). Dazzling audiences for over 10 years, Mynx d’Meanor is known for her versatility– from cheeky “hip pop”, dramatic theatrics, to sultry, slow burn performances.
As director of Fishnet Follies, Mynx d’Meanor creates theatrical, Busby Berkeley-inspired choreography, presented in innovative ways that are relevant to modern audiences.
Based in Oakland, California, Mynx is a full-time instructor running her own School of Classic Burlesque. She specializes in teaching “everyday people” how to dance and incorporate burlesque influences into their daily lives– having taught hundreds of women and men in addictive classes and workshops since 2009.
- East Bay Express
- Fishnet Follies School of Classic burlesque voted “Best School for Showgirls” (2015)
- Minneapolis Burlesque Festival
- Featured performer and instructor (2015)
- San Francisco City Hall Centennial celebration
- Featured performer in outdoor festival celebrating City Hall’s 100 year anniversary (2015)
- Burlesque Hall of Fame Weekend
- Fishnet Follies troupe performance – “Movers, Shakers, & Innovators” Showcase (2015)
- Fishnet Follies troupe performance – “Tournament of Tease” Showcase opener (2014)
- Stanford University
- Burlesque workshop (2014)
- City of Tracy Grand Theatre
- Produced, Directed, & Performed: “Fishnet Follies Classic Burlesque Revue” at City of Tracy Vaudeville Festival (2013 & 2014)
- Playboy TV
- Fishnet Follies demo class featured in “Boarding Pass with Reby Sky” (2013)
- 7×7 Magazine
- Nominated by readers in “Hot 20 Movers & Shakers ” (2012)
- Diablo Magazine
- Fishnet Follies School of Classic burlesque awarded “Best of the East Bay” (2011)
- SF Sketchfest Festival
- Featured performer in Adult Swim’s “Delocated Witness Program” live show alongside Will Forte, Kristen Schaal, and many others. (2010)
Mynx d’Meanor has performed and produced shows in the Bay Area’s largest historic and most popular live entertainment venues:
- Bimbo’s 365 Club
- Regency Ballroom
- Yoshi’s SF
- The Rrazz Room
- Ruby Skye
- Cafe du Nord
- Great American Music Hall
- DNA Lounge
- Cobb’s Comedy Club
- The City of Tracy Grand Theatre
- The Uptown Club
- Oakland Metro Opera House
BRIEF HISTORY OF MYNX
Mynx d’Meanor began her career in the SF Bay Area, but shook up San Diego’s burlesque scene when she created Fishnet Follies in 2008. Fishnet Follies productions showcased international stars such as Catherine D’Lish and Mimi LeMeaux, and united local performers with popular shows such as COMIC STRIP! for San Diego Comic Con Weekend.
Returning to the Bay in 2010, Mynx continues to produce and teach Fishnet Follies Classic Burlesque Revue (Diablo Magazine “Best of the East Bay 2011”), partnering with LA-based Flame Cynders. In 2012, Mynx was a Reader’s Choice nominee for 7×7 Magazine’s “Hot 20”.
#FishnetFollies #FFamily #Oakland
Mynx has developed Fishnet Follies into a full-time school, having taught hundreds of women from all over the Bay Area the art of striptease and group dance choreography. The Fishnet Follies revolving “Student Army” has over 30 “active” members at any given time, and the co-ed Fishnet Follies troupe boasts over a dozen feature soloists, up-and-coming starlets, and dedicated production staff. Such diverse talents are showcased every month at “The Garter Room” at Legionnaire Saloon– a burlesque gem in the heart of Oakland!
Mynx is also a regular cast member of notable San Francisco shows Hubba Hubba Revue and Barbary Coast Burlesque, and continues to perform throughout the Bay Area and beyond!
Directed & Performed: Fishnet Follies “CRIME” at Burlesque Hall of Fame Weekender Movers, Shakers, & Innovators Showcase (June 2015)